After having a read on JT's entry on Run, I can't help but take notice the shape of my life too. Here I am, looking at the spheres of my life - physically, emotionally, spiritually; and what can I say? I need to run myself, to get back into a good shape.
My time here in Melbourne has definitely been a restful time for my mind and health. But therein lies a deeper internal concern that I'm battling and still searching answers for. I think it's also part of the journey of life and making God relevant in each page I write everyday. There are good and bad moments; also news you hear that clouds your page after and you feel for them. But, all in all, it's after all my page; that I ultimately revisit when I reflect.
I have lost weight. Not in a good way I think. I think it's the worries and concerns that I have. In fact, I tend to mix them both up at times. And it affects my health dramatically. I thought at 27, I may have gotten a better grip at life, but really, it seems even harder at this age dealing with the norms of life - forgiveness, putting your foot on the ground, standing firm to your beliefs, being kind, being christlike, being understanding and patient. Exuding qualities that are right and also putting your best foot forward as a grown up. It's tough.
My time in Melbourne really made me look at some previous moments where I was so much more carefree and full of excitement, there was a SW gleeming with fun. I think he's still there, but just in controlled moments. It has become unnatural.
Therefore, I tend to run....run away. But it never helps.
Instead, I decided to press on, and conquering a moment from strength to strength has brought some form of maturity and confidence in me. But toying with the fine line of being proud and stubborn. That's why I have the Good Book, that is why He reminds me of His steps.
I have found a new appreciation for the Psalms. Psalms 23 - 27 and back...n flipping through more of that. It's real and it's honest. It's the everyday struggles we hear and being echoed out by a great man himself. Yet he speaks of my inner most desires and struggles and I really chew on them.
"The Lord in my shepherd..."
yes. He is.
I want to run to Him.
Even with everything that I am carrying.
I need to run to Him.
Daily, I'm praying for a step forward.
Mainly, I tell him I'm coming.
Purely, He has always been waiting.
A tough cardio regime lies ahead in my spiritual build up, to be fitter, I need to be on a stricter diet and more in tune to His will upon my life. Every single notch of decision and seriousness, needs to to have the Big Man for ponder. After so many accounts, I never felt most at ease when I consulted and prayed with the Lord first. Time and time I'm reminded that He is faithful. And He is, and most of all - for every good and bad I went through; it has been most worthwhile with Him.
******
Unfortunately I have been facing the same fate as JT in the waistline department and I'm also suffering from the 'I-can't-fit-into-my-pants' syndrome. Yes, it does happen to me also. The challenge is always after meals and you're sitting down, there's like a pin like explosion waiting to happen if breathe or eat anymore.
Dang it, I love my food. And I knew I had it covered when I had the gym 4 times a week, with racquet games of tennis and badminton.
I could gloriously munch down and have a great time on court and sweating it out and still fit into mah pants.
Since my shoulder injury, I had no choice but to lay off heavy activities. It's been over a year now and my physiotherapist has mentioned, that u're ok to get back into the game. But once bitten twice shy, I am afraid that my competitiveness and seriousness in the things I do will take over how much my body can take. So I have been managing risk and doing the minimal but it's not helping when I love eating and this trip hasn't been fully supportive of that.
Melbourne is officially in my POV - a wine and dine place. If any of you like duck - roast duck, smoked tea duck, peking duck....it has the best in the world! that's for me anyway.
I digress a little. Yeah, I think it's time for me to get back into shape also. That means pure discipline and hitting the gym and pool hard once again and eating right. It just has to be done and it has to be done fast and hard in 16 weeks and the routine will just ensue.
Like how our national badminton player has been saying that he needs a sting back in his game. I think I need to regain that sting and potency in things I dabble in.
******
Rarely broke a sweat from all this writing, but at least it was commendable effort for a longer entry now. Ok, time for a shower and heading out for Suzuran. This is one Jap food that really packs in more sashimi and sushi than rice. I'll try to snap a picture yea....of the food, not my aftermeal tummy as mentioned above ;-0
My time here in Melbourne has definitely been a restful time for my mind and health. But therein lies a deeper internal concern that I'm battling and still searching answers for. I think it's also part of the journey of life and making God relevant in each page I write everyday. There are good and bad moments; also news you hear that clouds your page after and you feel for them. But, all in all, it's after all my page; that I ultimately revisit when I reflect.
I have lost weight. Not in a good way I think. I think it's the worries and concerns that I have. In fact, I tend to mix them both up at times. And it affects my health dramatically. I thought at 27, I may have gotten a better grip at life, but really, it seems even harder at this age dealing with the norms of life - forgiveness, putting your foot on the ground, standing firm to your beliefs, being kind, being christlike, being understanding and patient. Exuding qualities that are right and also putting your best foot forward as a grown up. It's tough.
My time in Melbourne really made me look at some previous moments where I was so much more carefree and full of excitement, there was a SW gleeming with fun. I think he's still there, but just in controlled moments. It has become unnatural.
Therefore, I tend to run....run away. But it never helps.
Instead, I decided to press on, and conquering a moment from strength to strength has brought some form of maturity and confidence in me. But toying with the fine line of being proud and stubborn. That's why I have the Good Book, that is why He reminds me of His steps.
I have found a new appreciation for the Psalms. Psalms 23 - 27 and back...n flipping through more of that. It's real and it's honest. It's the everyday struggles we hear and being echoed out by a great man himself. Yet he speaks of my inner most desires and struggles and I really chew on them.
"The Lord in my shepherd..."
yes. He is.
I want to run to Him.
Even with everything that I am carrying.
I need to run to Him.
Daily, I'm praying for a step forward.
Mainly, I tell him I'm coming.
Purely, He has always been waiting.
A tough cardio regime lies ahead in my spiritual build up, to be fitter, I need to be on a stricter diet and more in tune to His will upon my life. Every single notch of decision and seriousness, needs to to have the Big Man for ponder. After so many accounts, I never felt most at ease when I consulted and prayed with the Lord first. Time and time I'm reminded that He is faithful. And He is, and most of all - for every good and bad I went through; it has been most worthwhile with Him.
******
Unfortunately I have been facing the same fate as JT in the waistline department and I'm also suffering from the 'I-can't-fit-into-my-pants' syndrome. Yes, it does happen to me also. The challenge is always after meals and you're sitting down, there's like a pin like explosion waiting to happen if breathe or eat anymore.
Dang it, I love my food. And I knew I had it covered when I had the gym 4 times a week, with racquet games of tennis and badminton.
I could gloriously munch down and have a great time on court and sweating it out and still fit into mah pants.
Since my shoulder injury, I had no choice but to lay off heavy activities. It's been over a year now and my physiotherapist has mentioned, that u're ok to get back into the game. But once bitten twice shy, I am afraid that my competitiveness and seriousness in the things I do will take over how much my body can take. So I have been managing risk and doing the minimal but it's not helping when I love eating and this trip hasn't been fully supportive of that.
Melbourne is officially in my POV - a wine and dine place. If any of you like duck - roast duck, smoked tea duck, peking duck....it has the best in the world! that's for me anyway.
I digress a little. Yeah, I think it's time for me to get back into shape also. That means pure discipline and hitting the gym and pool hard once again and eating right. It just has to be done and it has to be done fast and hard in 16 weeks and the routine will just ensue.
Like how our national badminton player has been saying that he needs a sting back in his game. I think I need to regain that sting and potency in things I dabble in.
******
Rarely broke a sweat from all this writing, but at least it was commendable effort for a longer entry now. Ok, time for a shower and heading out for Suzuran. This is one Jap food that really packs in more sashimi and sushi than rice. I'll try to snap a picture yea....of the food, not my aftermeal tummy as mentioned above ;-0

sounds like you're really enjoying your time in melbourne!!! this past week i've been eating a lot too (w/o exercising) . . . the difference is that i eat more when i'm stressed.:) and i put on weight so easily when i don't exercise!! sigh.
i thought i'd have a handle on life by now too . . . guess we're both so very wrong. :) did you see tan soo-inn's new graceatwork post today? that's helpful, i think. :):):)